This recipe always blows people away. It is simply grilled corn with herbed butter and cheese. Barbeque's or even a weekend family dinner can shine even greater with this side dish. Whenever we have new people come to our BBq’s they always rave over this grilled corn dish, asking what makes this kick butt. Why it’s the herbed butter and cheeses folks, that’s all.
Herbed butter is easy to make and is an excellent topping for everything from steaks to seafood to vegetables. To make herbed butter just soften some butter, add some spices, and herbs (which are mentioned in the herbed butter recipe below), refrigerate and delight in this smoothe sensory sensation!
Corn (on the cob with husks still intact)
Garlic Herbed Butter (see recipe below)
Cotija Cheese (Mexican white cheese) – Grated
1. Remove the silks from the inside of the corn, if desired, and pull back up the husks to cover the corn.
2. Place the corn in a cooler (any large vessel will do) filled with water and let soak for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat your grill to medium-high heat. (350-400 degrees)4. Remove the corn from the water and shake off as much excess water as you can.
5. Place the corn on the grill over direct heat and grill for 15 to 20 minutes with the grill lid closed.6. Remove the corn from the grill and pull back husks. (I recommend leaving on the husks because they make great handles.)
7. Brush the garlic herbed butter (see below) onto the corn and sprinkle with cheese. Squeeze a lime over the corn and mmm, mmm, they are ready to serve.Garlic Herbed Butter
Butter – ½ cup softened
Garlic – 2 cloves minced
Italian Blend Herbed Spices– 1½ teaspoons (found in your grocer's herb and spice isle)
Lime Juice – 1 teaspoon
1. Place the butter in a bowl and mix in the garlic, Italian blend and lime juice.2. Cover and refrigerate.